Granola, one of the most universally loved breakfast foods. Sadly, most store-bought granolas are filled with sugars of all processed kinds and refined oils. This version though contains none of those silly things. Just whole real ingredients that make this recipe not only perfectly crunchy but also date sweetened, oil-free and whole grain.
This recipe is easily customizable to your liking so you won’t miss out on your favourite combinations. My favourite is a combination of almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut and raisins.
I am actually very proud over how good this turned out! I hope you try it out and love it as much as I do.
The Ultimate Super Crispy Date-Sweetened Granola
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free, date-sweetened]
Servings: 300g Prep time: 10-20 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes Total time: 30-40 minutes
- 200g pitted dates
- 3 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup water
- A small pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 7,5 dl / 3 cups rolled oats
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup puffed cereal or buckwheat (can be skipped)
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup mixed nut and seeds of choice
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup of dried fruit of choice
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC / 300ºF.
- In a food processor or blender, mix the dates, nut butter, water, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, puffed cereal, buckwheat, and nuts . Add the date paste, and give the mixture a toss until everything’s coated. Do not knead or mush together the mixture, otherwise the granola won’t bake properly.
- Spread the granola evenly on two baking trays. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crispy, and stir half way through.
- Let cool, add the dried fruit, and enjoy!