This is one of the absolute first recipes and there’s a reason to why it’s also one I remake very often, it’s simply gosh darn delicious. I have tried so many flavour combinations with different nuts and dried fruit, but my absolute favourite must be the combination of roasted almonds, coconut, and dried cranberries. Yum! This recipe is super easy to customise to your liking so you won’t miss out on your favourite combinations.
Granola is definitely one of the most universally loved breakfast foods, most probably because of the beautiful crispy, sweet, nutty, crunchiness it gives any breakfast. In contrary to most store bought granolas, this version contains no added sugars or oil. This granola consist of whole proper ingredients that combined create the kind of granola you can easily eat by the handful as a great fiber-rich energy snack or on top of your favourite breakfasts. Yum!
I am actually very proud of this recipe, guys! I hope you try it out and love it as much as I do.
The Ultimate Super Crispy Date-Sweetened Granola
Classic granola with cinnamon, dried fruit, and perfectly crispy pieces and clusters while being date sweetened, oil-free, and super easy to make.
- Prep Time: 10-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30-40 minutes
- Yield: 300g or 11 oz
- 200g / 7 oz pitted dates
- 3 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup water
- A pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 7,5 dl / 3 cups rolled oats
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup mixed nut and seeds of choice
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup puffed cereal or buckwheat or extra nuts
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup of dried fruit of choice
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC / 300ºF.
- In a food processor or blender, mix the dates, nut butter, water, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, puffed cereal, buckwheat, and nuts . Add the date paste, and give the mixture a toss until everything’s coated. Do not knead or mush together the mixture, otherwise the granola won’t bake properly.
- Spread the granola evenly on two baking trays. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crispy, and stir half way through.
- Let cool, add the dried fruit, and enjoy!