I been thinking about different ways to include more plant based protein rich foods in my everyday life! Quinoa may sound super complicated and expensive but it really isn’t and I really recommend atleast giving it a try. 😉
So what foods to I eat on regular bacis? Porridge (and chocolate!). I ended up with chocolate quinoa porridge! Filling, wholefood, fruit sweetened, rich in protein, you know the drill!
Protein packed chocolate quinoa porridge
[Vegan, protein packed, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, grain-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Servings: 2 Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 dl / 140g quinoa
- 2 dl / 200g water
- 2 dl / 200g milk of choice
- 1-2 tbsp of sweetner of choice (or 1-3 dates or 1/2-1 banana mixed in the milk)
- 2 tsbp cacao or cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt and vanilla essence or extract
- Rinse the quinoa for a minute or two with lots of cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and cook the quinoa on medium heat under a lid for 10 minutes or until all the water’s absorbed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook (wothout the lid) until thick and creamy!