Just an easy salad that is just as easy to whip up mid week with ingredients you have at home or as a fancy weekend dinner. For vegan, you can of course substitute the mozzarella with a vegan cheese of choice. I served this Friday dinner with some of my homemade sourdough baguette, which couldn’t be more delicious yet easy! Proper bakery style!
Easy Mozarella Tomato Plum Salad
A simple salad which you can just as well whip up mid week or have as a fancier weekend dinner!
- Yield: adjustable
- Salad of chpice, I like the small leafy kind
- Plums, quarted and then halved
- Tomatoes, quarted
- Basil, roughly chopped
- Baslamic vinegar and cream di balsamico
- Olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Black pepper
- About a ball of mozzarella per person
- Sourdough baguette
- Take as many bowls as people you’re serving. Fill each bowl with a couple handfuls of salad, plums, tomatoes, and sprinkle a generous amount of basil on top.
- Then drizzle balsamic vinegar, cream di balsamico, and olive oil, and sprinkle a pinch of salt on top. Give a slight toss.
- Finish with “shredding” the mozzarella into bite size pieces, add to the salad, and finish with a drizzle of creme di balsamico. Preferably serve with some good bread!