Hellooooo good-looking! Just looking at that creamy texture makes me drool and dream back to a time when I had a couple of those cuties in my freezer. These ice cream bars are just as good served at a dinner party for pudding/dessert as they are as a filling and cooling snack on a hot day. They are sophisticated while still satisfying all your dessert needs with a perfect balance of sweetness and coffee and chocolate flavour. You’re probably already familiar with this brownie recipe of mine. I continue to use it as I simply find it to absolutely delicious. Why change something that works perfectly?The brownie pairs wonderfully with the creamy coffee filling and the cocoa on top. What a dream to say the least! Enjoy!
Creamy Tiramisu Brownie Ice cream Bars
The beautiful Italian dessert Tiramisu made into a creamy cashew based ice cream bar paired with the best no bake brownie. That’s what I call delicious! Plus, perfect to store in the freezer whenever you need a delicious treat.
- Yield: 6–8 large bars or ∼16 smaller squares 1x
- 150g / 5,3 oz pitted dates
- 100g / 3,5 oz nuts and seeds of choice (I used walnuts, almond, and cashews)
- 30g / 1 oz rolled oats
- 4–5 tbsp cocoa powder
- A generous pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla extract
Coffee cream layer
- 100g / 3,5 oz cashews, soaked overnight or for at least four hours in warm water
- 5–6 tbsp liquid (I used 4 tbsp soy milk and 2 tbsp strong espresso)
- 100g / 3,5 oz pitted dates
- 200g / 7 oz silken tofu
- A hearty pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Extra liquid sweetener of choice to taste
- Cocoa powder for topping
- Start with lining a square or rectangular dish with plastic wrap or parchment paper. My dish was 12 x 16 cm / 5 x 6 inches.
- Start with the brownie layer by processing the dates, nuts and seeds, rolled oats, cocoa, salt, and vanilla in a food processor or powerful blender into a nice slightly crumbly dough. It should easily keep it’s shape squeezed in your hand.
- Transfer the brownie “dough” to the prepped dish and press and flatten using your hands.
- For the filling, blend the cashews, liquid, pitted dates, tofu, salt, vanilla, and sweetener completely smooth in a high speed blender. Transfer and pour on top of brownie layer. Let set in the freezer over night or until solid. Once ready to serve, simply cut into rectangles, dust some cocoa powder on top and enjoy.
Keywords: Tiramisu, vegan, gluten free, no bake brownie, ice cream, cashew, healthy, easy