There is nothing not to like with these muffins! They’re rich, moist, filled with all the chocolate, and perfect for any occasion and with whoever you want to share a muffins with since they’re vegan, gluten free, and on the more “healthy” side. These bad boys are actually a remake of an old recipe back from 2018, which I’ve now improved an made even easier to make, with simpler ingredients, and even more delicious!
As an extra little flavour combination, I’ve used three different kinds of chocolate, but of course you can use whichever kind you like the best. However, I can recommend that if you’re looking for good quality chocolate and vegan white and “milk” chocolate, Malmö Chokladfabrik has some amazing kinds. I was gifted a large box by them, and when I saw all the chocolate once opening the box, I couldn’t stop myself from baking with it ASAP. Hope you feel the same after looking at the coming pictures!
Who doesn’t like a good GIF? I certainly am mesmerised!
Chocolate I was kindly gifted by Malmö Chokladfabrik
A messy but delicious GIF here as well! YUM!
Decadent Triple Chocolate Muffins
There is nothing not to like with these muffins! They’re rich, moist, filled with all the chocolate, and perfect for any occasion and with whoever you want to share a muffins with since they’re vegan, gluten free, and on the more “healthy” side.
- Yield: 6 large & hearty muffins 1x
- 75g / 2,6 oz oat flour
- 50g / 1,75 oz cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp milled flax or chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 200ml / 1 cup minus 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 25g / 0,9 oz granulated sweetener*
- 60g / 2,1 oz pitted dates
- 15g / 0,5 oz nut butter of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g / 1,1 oz dark chocolate, melted
- Around 100+g/3,5oz assorted chocolate of choice, roughly chopped in chunks*
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC / 350ºF and line a baking tray with 6 muffins liners.
- In a large bowl mix the oat flour, cocoa, milled seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a blender, blend the milk, sugar, dates, nut butter, and vanilla smooth.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until just combined. Add the melted chocolate and chocolate chunks, and give another stir until incorporated.
- Divide the batter to the muffins liners and bake for 18-21 minutes or until a tooth pick runs clean. Let cool and enjoy!
*I used vegan white, “milk”, and dark chocolate from Malmö Chokladfabrik. Can definitely recommend!
Keywords: Triple Chocolate Muffins, vegan, healthy, gluten free, veganska chokladmuffins, white chocolate, milk chocolate, cupcakes, glutenfria, nyttiga, recept