Ever since we were children, we have been taught to never believe things that sound too good to be true. Most of the time, that is very true. However, when it comes to this recipe, it’s pure stupidity not to believe it. Trust me, this recipe certainly is as good as it sounds!
The pictures are not fooling you, I promise. The brownies are just as fudgy, sweet, decadent, and delicious as you think. This recipe is a collaboration with, one and only, Emma, from FruitAndRoutes. We decided to use her cookie dough recipe and my favourite and best brownie recipe. On top of being so simple to make, the brownies are filled to the rim with all the good stuff including flavour and great ingredients!
PS. This collaboration has been the best of times, and Emma truly is an amazingly sweet and awesome person. You REALLY should check out her blog and Instagram!
Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Brownies
The best brownies ever combined with delicious cookie dough!
For the cookie dough
- 40g / 1,4 oz oat, almond or coconut flour
- 50g / 1,75 oz pitted dates
- 1 tsp peanut flour or more oat flour
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 2–3 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- Eventually a dash of milk of choice for consistency
- A handful roughly chopped chocolate, chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 200g / 7 oz pitted dates
- 2 tbsp nut butters
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g / 1,1 oz cocoa powder
- 20g / 0,7 oz oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A hearty pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / around 350°F.
- For the cookie dough, simply mix the oat flour, dates, peanut flour, nut butter, liquid sweetener, and the dash of milk in a food processor until it forms a dough. Stir in the chocolate, roll into 16 small balls and let set in the fridge in the meantime you make the brownies.
- For the brownie mix dates, water, nut butter, cocoa, vanilla, baking soda, and salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Prepare a medium baking tin, grease or line with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture into the tin and optionally top with some chopped chocolate of choice. Then press down the cookie dough balls well into the brownie batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes depending on the tin you’re using. Let cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
Keywords: Cookie dough brownies, vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, grain-, oil-free, fruit sweetened