The most dreamy Chocolate Hazelnut Nougat cookies
Basically these are chewy nutella cookies with a chocolate hazelnut filling
- Yield: 12 cookies
- 60g / 2 oz pitted dates
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- A splash of vanilla essence/extract
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 60g / 2 oz hazelnuts or other nuts/seeds of choice
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- A pinch of salt
- 15g / 1/2 oz chocolate of choice
- 1/2 tbsp hazelnut or other nut/seed butter
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC / 300ºF
- Process all the ingredients for the cookies until combined. I like mine chunky but blend till wanted consistency is achieved.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a water bath and mix in nut butter.
- Divide into 12 balls, place them out on a baking tray. Press a thumbprint into center of each ball and fill with a small spoonful of nougat filling.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly “golden” . Optionally, turn off the oven and let the cookies “dry” for an extra 10 minutes while the oven is cooling down. Let cool and enjoy!
Keywords: Nutella thumbprint cookies, vegan, healthy, gluten free