The Fluffiest Frozen Strawberry Mousse Cake
A delightfully fresh, sweet summer fluffy ice cream cake
- Yield: 8–10 servings 1x
For the bottom
- 180g pitted dates
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup rolled oats
- 0,75 dl / 1/3 cup seed or nut of choice
- A pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla essense
- The fat part of a can of coconut milk, around 175g
- 125g strawberry or other berry of choice jam/marmalade or fruit purée
- 150ml aquafaba (chickpea or white bean water)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- Line the bottom of a large spring pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper to make removing the cheesecake easier.
- Place all the ingredients for the bottom and process until it forms a more or less chunky crumble. Transfer the crumble to the pan and press down evenly.
- In a sauce pan, heat up the fat part of the can of coconut milk until molten a uniform.
- Using a blender or such, blend the coconut and strawberry jam smooth. Set aside in a large bowl and let cool.
- In the meantime, whisk the aquafaba until the hard peeks. While whisking also add the optional coconut sugar.
- Add around 1/3 of the fluffy aquafaba to the strawberry mixture and fold, continue adding and folding until you obtain a fluffy strawberry mousse.
- Transfer the mousse to the pan and let set in the freezer over night. It melts very quickly once out of the freezer, so take it out just minutes before serving.