Tahini, cardamom, and mulberries sound like an overly fancy pancy flavour combination, but do not let that scare you off. Tahini can be found in most supermarkets, and if not there you can find it in Middle eastern specialised food stores. Tahini is definitely worth seeking out as it gives the granola a gorgeous roasted nuttiness which in combination with cardamom, which is a very common spice in sweet treats in Sweden, is a dream come true. Not to forget, the addition of dried, chewy, sweet, caramel-tasting mulberries makes the granola beyond top notch.
The granola itself is perfectly crispy, sweet, crunchy, and the perfect addition to all your breakfast bowls. Personally, I love making huge batches that last for a long time. Firstly, it takes basically no time to make. Secondly, it’s just so nice having a large jar in the kitchen ready to eat whenever, on my smoothies, yoghurt bowls, in parfaits, or by the handful. My parents also really like having granola for their weekend breakfasts and brunches. Also, experimenting with granola flavour combinations is definitely one of my favourite things to do in the kitchen. It is basically impossible to fail and always turn out more or less delicious. Hence, the rather substantial amount of granola recipes on my blog.
Lastly, this granola as all my recipes is wholesome yet utterly delicious. It is date sweetened, made with only whole grains, and filled with good fats from the tahini and nuts. It’s basically the perfect snack or breakfast item! Enjoy!
Guys, I’m thoroughly enjoying taking more pictures while I make recipes. However, most of the time I bake during the afternoon and the lighting isn’t the best in my kitchen during that time. I hope you still like the pictures though!
Tahini Granola with Cardamom & Mulberries
It’s easy, crispy, wholesome, and simply delicious especially with the elegant flavour combination of tahini, mulberries, and cardamom.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 300g / 11 oz 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 200g / 7 oz pitted dates
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup water
- A heartypinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 7,5 dl / 3 cups rolled oats
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup mixed nut and seeds of choice
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup of dried mulberries
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC / 300ºF.
- In a food processor or blender, mix the dates, nut butter, water, cardamom, salt, and vanilla extract completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats and nuts . Add the date paste, and give the mixture a toss until everything’s coated. Do not knead or mush together the mixture, otherwise the granola won’t bake properly.
- Spread the granola evenly on two baking trays. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until crispy, and stir half way through.
- Let cool, add the mulberries, and enjoy!
Keywords: granola, vegan, oil-free, date sweetened