Sometimes you just want to throw together something quick and delicious without needing to think too much. This is the result of when I just threw something together not too long ago. I wanted to experiment with some different flavours and ended up making something not too mind-blowingly creative yet very delicious to say the least. I don’t know about you, but I often forget about tahini, and how delicious it actually is. Honestly, if you don’t feel like making pralines or such, just try mixing together tahini with some liquid sweetener. You won’t regret it.
How lovely isn’t this leaf shaped plate? It was a wonderfully thoughtful gift from my mum. Just thought I’d show it off a little bit, hehe.
Salted Tahini Caramel Pralines
Salted Caramel made with delicious tahini covered in lots of delicious chocoalte
- Yield: 12 pralines (depending on the size of your mold)
- 75g / 26 oz melted chocolate of choice
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- A pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla extract
- I used a fancy praline silicone mold (this one), but you can also use an ice tray or muffin cups instead. Start with dividing half of the melted chocolate between the cavities of the praline mold (the number of pralines will depend on your mold). Using a small spoon or such make sure the sides or each cavity is coated with chocolate. Give the mold a tap and let set in the freezer or fridge.
- In a small bowl, combine the tahini, liquid sweetener, salt, and vanilla.
- Divide the tahini caramel between the chocolate covered “cavities”. Seal the deal by dividing the remaining melted chocolate between the cavities, smooth out, and let set in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
Keywords: Tahini, salted caramel, vegan, gluten free, healthy, praline, chocolate