Raise your hand if you’re a tahini lover! Yes, no? Either way, you can easily costumize the amount of tahini or simply switch it out for any nut butter of choice. Heck yeah to costumizable recipes!
Anyway, I found these a perfect snack to bring to school. Especially considering that my school is a nut free zone, for everyone’s safety and wellbeing. These bad boys are perfect when you need something slightly more heary to provide you power and brainfuel. Not onyl that but hella scroumptious too. I need to make more versions of these, like PB and rasberry, banana and chocolate, the possibilities are endless. What flavour combo would you like or have tried? Do let me know!
Enjoy my peps!
Tahini & Apricot Oat Nars
Serving 8 medium bars Prep time 15 minutes
Baking time 25-30 minutes Time 40-45 minutes
- 10 / 100g pitted dates
- 3 tbsp water
- A pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Optionally 2 tbsp flax seeds
- Optionally 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp tahini (or other nut butter of choice)
- 6 / 50g dried apricots
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC / 300ºF and prepare an ovensafe tupperware/form of choice by lining it with parchment papaer or greasing it.
- Mix the dates, water, salt and vailla smooth in a blender, mixer or food processor.
- Transfer the date mixture to a mixing bowl and add the rest or the ingredients. Stir until combined well.
- Transfer the mixture to the form and bake for 15-25 minutes until golden. Let cool, cut into bar shapes and enjoy!
The caramel sauce you can see on the picture is easily made. Simply mix some tahini, salt, vanilla essence and syrup/sweetener of choice and drizzle over your bars.