From now on you can have your favourite combination at all times, even for breakfast. Also, you can have it not only in a delicious but also nutritious way. No funny business to be found in this recipe, I can promise you that. I think I will leave it at:
chocolate + walnuts + banana= heavenly killer combination
Perfectly crunchy Chunky monkey Granola
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Servings: 8 hearty servings Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes Total time: 30-40 minutes
- 1,5 / 150g ripe bananas
- 6 / 60g / 2 oz pitted dates
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps nut butter
- Optionally a small pinch of salt and a splash of vanilla essence
- 3,5 dl / 1,5 cups rolled oats
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup puffed cereal of choice, buckwheat or just more oats
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup steel cut oats (can be subbed for more nuts or/and seeds)
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 tbsps cacao nibs
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup dried banana, raisins or other dried fruit of choice
- Preheat your oven to 150ºC / 300ºF
- In a blender mix the banana, dates, nut butter, cocoa, salt, and vanilla smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the oats, puffed cereal/buckwheat, steel-cut oats and nuts. Mix in chocolate date mixture using your hands or a large utensil. Just make sure everything gets evenly covered.
- Spread out on one to two baking trays and roast for 20-25 minutes or until crispy. Let cool, stir in the dried fruit and chocolate, enjoy!