Red Currant Brownies
A chewy, decadent, and luscious combined with fruity, seasonal red currants and chocolate drizzle. All made with pretty darn rad ingredients which makes them wholesome, gluten free, and vegan.
- Author: Hanna
- Yield: 9 large brownies 1x
- 200g / 7 oz pitted dates
- 2 tbsp nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g / 1,1 oz cocoa powder
- 20g / 0,7 oz oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A hearty pinch of salt
- Around 100g / 3,5 oz fresh red currants or other fruit of choice
- Optional melted chocolate for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC / 300ºF and prepare a brownie pan by greasing and lining it with parchment paper. My brownie pan was 15×15 cm / 6×6 inches.
- In a food processor, process the dates, nut butter, and vanilla until smooth. Add the rest of the brownie ingredients and process until combined. If too dry, add a splash of water.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and flatten out using a wet spatula or your hands. Top with the red currants and push them slightly into the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until firm and chewy. Let cool, decorate with chocolate, cut up, and enjoy!
Keywords: Vegan brownies with red currants, healthy, gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free, wholesome