When I was experimenting with how much melted chocolate compared to milk you need to create different textures and thicknesses (it’s for a future recipe 😉 ), I somehow magically created these. At first I was going to call them “3 minute truffles” or something like that, but as the chocolate mixture needs to firm up in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, I quickly realised that I would be lying if I called them that, hehe. Anyhow, they’re really simple, can be made a head of time or when your sweet tooth hits you out of nowhere. The best part about these, except for being made out of three simple ingredients, super delicious and of course chocolate (duh), is the way they melt in your mouth. Of course, normal chocolate does that as well, but these truffles are, as truffles are, firmer and softer and simply melt in your mouth in the most divine of ways. *drooling*
I certainly hope you’ll give these a try, especially since I can almost promise you’ve all the ingredients already at home. Trust me, if you do try them, you won’t regret it. Enjoy!
Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Truffles
These truffles do not only taste like high end store bought ones but they take absolutely no time to make.
- Yield: 8 truffles
- 60g / 2,1 oz dark chocolate, broken up
- 1,5 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder + an optional dash of cinnamon for coating the truffles
- Place the broken up chocolate, milk, nut butter, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on low effect until the chocolate has softened and melted halfway. Let sit for a few minutes and take a spoon and mix until you get a nice, thick, smooth chocolate mixture. If your chocolate hasn’t melted quite enough, pop it back in the microwave for a few more second.
- Let firm up in 20-30 minutes in the fridge. You should be able to easily shape a ball of the truffle mixture with your hands without it sticking to them too much.
- In a small bowl combine the cocoa powder and cinnamon. Take a heaping teaspoon’s worth of the truffle mixture and roll into a nice ball. Roll and cover with the cocoa mixture. Repeat with the rest of the truffle mixture. Store them in the fridge. Enjoy!
Keywords: Easy Chocolate Truffles, vegan, gluten free, healthy