My mum’s favourite candy is marzipan, specifically chocolate covered marzipan eggs. I myself was a big fan before I stopped eating dairy, so I just had to recreate it, and this is the results. They taste just like the regular marzipan, which is amazing. Plus, they’re absolutely perfect for easter as well.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I have (especially my mother )
Homemade Healthy Marzipan Eggs
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, grain-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Serving: 12 medium-sized “eggs” Time: 15 minutes + 10 minutes if dipping in chocolate
- 120g / 4,2 oz pitted dates (I removed the skin of mine just for the looks)
- 1-2 tbsp of water
- A splash of bitter almond flavouring (can be skipped)
- 5 dl / 2 cups of almond flour
- Chocolate for dipping
- With a fork or food processor, mash/process the dates together with the water and bitter almond flavouring until smooth.
- Add the almond flour and knead/mix with your hands/process until you get a firm marzipan. If it’s too loose you can add some more almond flour, one tbsp at the time until you reach your wanted consistency.
- Divide into 12 equal pieces and roll into an egg shape and cover in chocolate. Put on a plate prepped with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Let the chocolate set in the freezer or fridge. Enjoy!