I swear to God, these marzipan “breads”, as we call them in Sweden, could not taste closer to the more traditional real deal. I don’t know about you but my mum looooooves and adores marzipan, and I share her love for it. Marzipan is sweet, nutty in the mildest and most delicious of ways, chewy, soft, and so sophisticated in a lovely way. This version of marzipan is, in addition to being more delicious, also even easier than making your own in the more traditional way with icing sugar etcetera. Also, as Easter is approaching, making a batch of these as a treat for the grown-ups or marzipan-loving children is basically a must. In conclusion, these cuties of “marzipan logs” are perfect for any occasion, ridiculously easy to make, and just as delicious, if not more, compared to the traditional version.
Homemade Three Ingredient Marzipan
Marzipan is something many people love and not without reason. This version however uses three simple and healthy ingredients and tastes just like the real deal.
- Yield: 6 bars/logs
- 100g / 3,5 oz pitted dates (I removed the skins of mine just for looks)
- 50g / 1,75 oz almond flour
- A pinch of salt
- Optional but recommended a splash of bitter almond extract (it what makes it taste exactly like classic marzipan)
- Melted chocolate for dipping
- In a food processor, process the dates, almond flour, salt, and bitter almond extract until you get a nice smooth dough.
- Shape the dough into six logs. Dip the logs in the melted chocolate and place on a plate or such lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Let the chocolate set in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
Keywords: Marzipan, healthy, almond flour, dates, dessert, candy, vegan, healthy, gluten free, added sugar free