Geisha is a Finnish/Swedish candy consisting of chocolate nougat dipped in chocolate. As a child it was my absolute favourite. Even though I’ve not had the real deal in a couple of years, I still adore the combination of hazelnuts and chocolate, which you can tell from many of my recipes. I have a chocolate nougat recipe already under the name The Easiest Chocolate Nougat, which is delicious, but Geisha is usually more smooth and soft than that recipe. So what I’m trying to say is that I’m recreated my childhood favourite chocolate candy and it turned out absolutely delicious! As my mum said, “Geisha can ‘go and throw themselves into a wall’ compared to these”. Gosh, what she meant made more sense in Swedish than directly translated to English. Basically, she meant that the original is nothing compared to these. Enough rambling, enjoy!
Homemade Geisha Chocolate Covered Chocolate Nougat
The classic Finish treat chocolate nougat based in a new version using easy and wholesome ingredients.
- Yield: 12–14 pieces 1x
- 60g / 2,1 oz chocolate broken into pieces
- 60g / 2,1 oz hazelnut butter or other nut butter
- A pinch of salt
- Melted chocolate for coating
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the chocolate, hazelnut butter, and salt. Microwave on low to medium effect for 30 second intervals until the chocolate has almost completely melted. Give the mixture a good mix and let firm up in the fridge until shapeable. Alternatively, if you don’t want to shape every single individual piece of chocolate, pour into a square dish lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Take about a teaspoon of the firm nougat mixture and shape into an oval with a flat bottom kind of shape and place on a plate lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Repeat until all the mixture has been used. If you have poured the mixture into a dish, cut the mixture into 12-16 pieces.
- Lastly but not least, dip the little pieces in the melted chocolate, put on the prepped plate, and let the chocolate in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
Keywords: Candy, chocolate, nougat, Geisha, homemade, hemmagjord, vegan, gluten free, healthy