Okay, imagine brownies, but instead of cocoa they’re spiced like ginger bread. They’re still super delicious, fudgy, sweet, nutty, and simply scrumptious. Honestly, this is one of my new favourite Christmas treats ever! They’re like gingerbread dough in the form of brownies. Could it possibly get better? Actually, I don’t think so.
As it’s the First Advent today, I thought there was no better day to start sharing more festive recipes. I can’t wait! Anyhow, I hope you’re all having a great, relaxing day. Also, don’t let the fact that Christmas is soon here stress you out. There is still plenty of time left, folks!
In the meantime, enjoy!
Fudgy Gingerbread blondies
Super ginger bread blondies best enjoyed with a cold glass of milk
- Yield: 9 hearty blondies
- 200g / 7 oz pitted dates
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g / 1,75 oz / 3 tbsp nut butter of choice
- In total 50g / 1,75 oz of flour of choice (I used 50/50 of almond and oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F, and prepare a brownie pan by greasing and lining it with parchment paper. My brownie pan was 13×13 cm / 5×5 inches.
- In a food processor, process the dates, water, vanilla, and nut butter as smooth as possible.
- To the food processor, add the remaining the ingredients: the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cloves. Mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the brownie pan, smooth and spread out evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool, cut up and enjoy!
Keywords: Healthy, vegan, blondies, gluten free, ginger bread, pepparkaks, easy