More often than seldom, I find myself eating basically the same food everyday, snack and breakfast wise at least. However, every once in a while I am empowered by this burst of creativity, and those times usually result with something like this, a simple version of an everyday recipe. What better way is there to switch up your routine than to switch up your daily oatmeal every once in a while? So here it is, a delicious new version of your fav meal. Enjoy!
Creamy Mocca Oatmeal with coconut A.K.A. “Chokladbollsgröt”
Serving 1 person
- 40g / 1,4 oz rolled oats
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup liquid of choice (I used half water and half soy milk)
- 1/2-1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground instant coffee (or sub some of the liquid for coffee)
- A pinch of salt
- Optional sweetener to taste
- Optional a splash of vanilla essence
- Optional toppings like chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sweetener etc.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the toppings, in a small pot and cook over the stoe top on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until creamy. Transfer to a bowl and top with whatever your heart desires. Enjoy!