Vegan Swedish Dammsugare – Punsch Rolls
There simply is no more Swedish treat than dammsugare. This classic no bake treat combines many flavours including marzipan, arrak, chocolate, and cake.
- Author: Hanna
- Yield: 20 pieces 1x
- 150g / 5,3 oz pitted dates (I peeled the skin of mine just for looks)
- 125g / 4,4 oz almond flour
- A pinch of salt
- Bitter almond essence to taste
- Green food colouring
- 200g / 7 oz worth of crumbled vanilla cake (half a batch of worth of this cake without the topping)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5–6 tbsp milk of choice
- 50g / 1,75 oz melted dark chocolate
- A few drops of arrak aroma or arrak punsch
- Roughly 100g / 3,5 oz chocolate for dipping the ends
- In a food processor, combine the ingredients for the marzipan. It should be quite dry and not too sticky to touch. If too sticky and moist, add more almond flour. Place in a bowl and put in the fridge to rest while making the filling.
- Using your hands combine the ingredients for the filling. Put aside.
- Divide the marzipan in two. Take two pieces of plastic wrap, spread out one on a flat surface, place one of the marzipan halves on it, and place the second piece of plastic wrap on top. Using a rolling pin, roll the marzipan into a 3mm thick long rectangle. The dimensions of the rectangle depends on how thick and large you want the “dammsugare” to be.
- See pictures above for step for step pictures. Remove the top layer of plastic wrap, take half of the filling, and create a sausage in the middle of the rectangle. Take one of the sides of the plastic wrap and bring over the sausage. Repeat with the other end. Shape and round the sausage with your hands. With a sharp clean knife, cut the sausage in 10 equally sized rolls. You may need to wet and clean the knife every so often. Place the rolls on a plate lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the marzipan and filling.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and dip both ends of each roll. Let the chocolate set and enjoy!
Keywords: Dammsugare, vegan, gluten free, healthy, cake pops, no bake