Do you not have the energy to make regular cinnamon buns that require yeast, proofing, and take much longer time to make? Or maybe you just like muffins maybe specifically cinnamon bun muffins? If your answer is yes, then this is the recipe for you! Well, as long as you like delicious and fluffy muffins with sweet, creamy, and decadent cinnamon filling the recipe is perfect for you.
Seriously guys, this is my new favourite recipe and the one I’m going to recommend whenever someone asks me what recipe of mine to make. These cuties are unlike many vegan and gluten free muffins fluffy yet not too crumbly. The actual muffin isn’t too sweet but that’s just a huge plus when paired with the sweet, creamy, and decadent-tasting cinnamon filling. Also, these muffins are suitable for everyone from muffin-lovers to vegan gluten-intolerants who don’t eat refined oil or sugar. Not to forget, these muffins are wholesome in the way that you can even have them a part of your breakfast, on the go, or generally whenever you feel like having a muffin.
Honestly, if I haven’t already convinced you to try this recipe because it’s quick, simple, wholesome, suitable for anyone, and jam packed with flavour and goodness then I don’t what will. Don’t forget to let me know if you try out any of my recipes. Leave a comment or send me a DM or tag me on Instagram at @the_veggienator! In the meantime, enjoy!
Fluffy Vegan Cinnamon Bun Muffins
Not only are these muffins easier to make than classic cinnamon buns but also more delicious. The creamy, cinnamon filled filling combined with the sweet, fluffy muffin is truly sublime.
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 120g / 4,2 oz pitted dates (I peeled the skin of mine)
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- A hearty pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla essence
- 65g / 2,3 oz oat flour
- 60g / 2,1 oz buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp milled flax or chia seeds
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- A hearty pinch of salt
- 200ml / 1 cups minus 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 40g / 1,4 oz coconut sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 60g / 2,1 oz pitted dates
- 40g / 1,4 oz nut butter of choice
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC / 320ºF. Grease or line a muffin pan with paper muffin liners.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the filling. Transfer the filling to a piping bag with a medium small piping hole.
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, buckwheat flour, milled flax seeds, baking powder, and salt.
- In a blender, blend the milk, sugar, dates, nut butter, and vanilla smooth.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until just combined. Quickly divide the batter between the muffin liners. Do not fill the liners over 2/3 full.
- Take the piping bag with the filling and pipe a swirl pattern slightly into the batter. I like piping about 1 tbsp worth extra in the middle. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Take out, let cool, and enjoy!
Keywords: Cinnamon bun muffins, vegan, gluten-free, healthy, refined sugar-free