Oh boy, I do love me some oatmeal cookies! In contrary to what you and other may think, these oatmeal cookies are not bland, soggy, and just meh. These cookies are crispy, slightly chewy, filled to the rim with flavours from the oats, coconut, chocolate, and other ingredients. Not to forget, the combination of chocolate and coconut is such a solid and scrumptious flavour combination, especially when paired with a little sprinkle of salt on top.
Honestly, I don’t think these cookies need any further introduction. Enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Oatmeal Cookies with Coconut
Serving 18 cookies
- 100g / 3,5 oz flour (I used 30g almond- and 70g oat flour)
- 60g / 2 oz rolled oats
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- 2,5 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- Melted chocolate for dipping or drizzling
- Sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC / 300ºF and prepare a cookie pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, oats, shredded coconut, baking soda, and salt.
- In separate a small bowl, combine the liquid sweetener, nut butter, vanilla, and water.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until you get a nice combined dough. Divide the dough into eighteen balls and place onto the prepared cookie pan. Using your hands, preferably slightly wet, shape the balls into around 0,75 cm / 1/3 inch thick cookies.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden. Let cool, dip in melted chocolate, sprinkle a little bit of salt on top, and let it set in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!