Everyone has different opinions about chia pudding. Some love it, some despise it, and some simply have mixed feelings about it. Well, I was one of those who didn’t really find chia pudding that good, but now I’m really into it!
My love for chia pudding started with figuring out what I didn’t like and fixing it. The tasteless, blobby element to chia pudding really didn’t appeal to me. Instead, my version is flavourful, chocolately, smooth, and delish.
Also, did you know that just from the 30g chia seeds in the recipe you get 30% of your recommended daily intake of calcium. Holy no cow!
If you’d like your pudding to be even extra delish you could add some more banana, nut butter or melted chocolate. Personally, I like to top my chia pudding with crunchy granola, for texture, nut butter, and fruit.
Chocolate chia pudding
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Servings: 1 big or 2 smaller portions Time: 5-10 minutes
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup (maybe a little bit more) milk of your choice
- 1/2 – 1 a banana or a couple of pitted dates or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2-3 tsp cocoa or cacao powder
- A pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla essence/extract
- Just blend everything in a blender or food processor until thick and smooth. It thickens up super fast! Enjoy!