Sooo, I have a recipe for Oaty Caramel Cups, which is gosh darn delicious. My goal with this recipe is to recreate the absolute delicious combination of salted caramel, oats, and chocolate found in those caramel cups but in the form of a bar. I honestly just find the contrast in texture between soft date based salted caramel and chewy oats and chocolate chips. Not to forget how beautiful all those ingredients taste together. Yum!
On top of being delicious, I found these to be a super good treat and/or snack to store in the fridge/freezer to enjoy whenever I needed some extra energy or when the sweet tooth kicks in. Seriously, guys, this kind of treat is truly one of my favourites. They’re so worth every single second you spend making them. Lastly, just a quick tip, I stored these in the freezer, which made them super chewy and simply delicious.
Chewy Oaty Salted Caramel Bars with Chocolate Chips
Small pieces of chewy, caramel and chocolate heaven that are perfect for anything from a quick snack or when you’re sweet tooth kicks in.
- Yield: 4 large or 8 small bars
- 100g / 3,5 oz pitted dates
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 30g / 1 oz rolled oats
- 3–5 tbsp oat- and/or almond flour or such
- A hearty pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla extract
- A handfull of chocolate chips, roughly chopped chocolate or cacao nibs
- Optional melted chocolate for drizzling on top
- In a food processor, process the dates, nut butter, oats, and two begin with 2 tbsp flour, salt, and vanilla until combined If too moist, add more of the flour and process until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and transfer to a square dish lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Let firm up in the fridge or freezer, drizzle some chocolate on top, and then cut into bars. Alternatively, roll the “dough” into balls. Enjoy!
Keywords: No bake, chocolate chip, caramel, raw bar, vegan, healthy, gluten free, rolled oats