Oh my loroooord! This flavour combo may sound like the weirdest thing since spirulina, however, it is the best of chocolate flavour-combinations ever! Just as good, or even better, than chocolate and peppermint, orange, coffee, raspberry, all of them! Note that I DO NOT take any credit for this magnificent flavour combination. It’s all thanks to Phoebe from Honey Bunch of Onion Tops. It’s her fabulous and absolutely scrumptious Salted Chocolate Rosemary Cookies that originally gave me the idea. (We all should hail to her from now on as that recipe is the work of a god.)
As always, these bad boys are easily customizable to your liking. You can easily skip the rosemary if you want to – if you’d like that for some crazy bananas reason. Instead, you can add some drops of peppermint oil, the zest of an orange, some fresh brewed coffee, what do I know?! Anyway, these brownies have the perfect amount of chunkiness, which, in my opinion, is vital for any raw/no bake dessert. That is, however, completely up to your preference.
Lastly, I just want to say that I have tried making a healthy kind of frosting like a gazillion times and always failed so hard… Finally, this time I succeeded! I am pretty darn happy with myself! Sometimes you’re allowed to be proud of the small accomplishments, even the silliest of things.
Enough talking! Make sure to check Phoebe out!! She is the most person I know and deserves all the viewers and cyber love in this world. I just adore her blog, vlogs, recipes, and recipe videos, and I think you would too.
Fabulous No Bake Brownies with Chocolate & Rosemary Ganache
The combination of chocolate and rosemary couldn’t be a more unexpected but utterly delicious flavour combination. It also is beautiful combined in the form of a no bake brownie with gorgeous ganache.
- Yield: 9 brownies 1x
- 120g / 2,5 dl / 1 cup cocoa nibs, assorted nuts and seeds of choice
- 3 tbsp of rolled oats, oat- or nut flour of choice
- 150g / 5,3 oz pitted dates
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- A hearty pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla extract
For the ganache
- 50g / 1,75 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- Optionally 1 tbsp of liquid sweetener of choice, depending on the chocolate’s sweetness
- 1/2 – 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Blitz the nuts in a food processor or strong blender until desired “chunkyness”.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until a ball forms or until it just hold together when squeezed. If it feels too moist add more flour/oats or if too dry add some water, one teaspoon at the time.
- Transfer the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined dish and then press down with hands until flat. Let it rest and firm up in the freezer or fridge.
- In the meantime, time to make the ganache. Melt the chocolate in the microwave on low or over a water bath. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth. Take the brownies out of the fridge and top with the ganache. Cut up and enjoy!
Keywords: No bake brownies, chocolate, ganache, rosemary, healthy, vegan, gluten free