What day it is? Yes, it’s Thursday. Yes, it’s the 18/10. Do you know what that means? It’s the chocolate muffins day! What better way is there to celebrate this magnificent day than by making the most decadent tasting, fudgy, moist, and fluffy muffins? I adapted these from another recipe, but unlike the that recipe, these are not dry nor lack in flavour! Do you want to know the secret that makes these moist without adding a bunch of margarine or oil? (Not to say that those things are bad in moderation!!) Avocado! Doesn’t that basically make these muffins basically a vegetable, am I right?
Anyhow, I am seriously in love with this recipe as they’re all you can wish for. Almost forgot, you must let me know if you try making this recipe. Anyway, enjoy!
The most perfect triple chocolate muffins
[Vegan, healthy, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten free, low fat]
Serving 12-16 muffins, depending on size
- 3,5 dl / 1 1/2 cup / 150g oat flour
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup / 100g cocoa powder
- 1,5 tbsp milled flax or chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup milk of choice
- 6 tbsp / 90g liquid sweetener of choice
- 6 tbsp / 60g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- One avocado à 100g
- 40g melted margarine, vegan butter or oil
- 100g mixed chocolate of choice, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC / 350ºF and prepare 12-16 muffin paper cups. In a large bowl mix the oat flour, cocoa, milled seeds, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a blender blend the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate fully smooth. Add the wet to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter between your muffin cups and top with the chopped chocolate. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a tooth pick runs clean. Let cool and enjoy!