An even easier version (also vegan) of Chocolate Tosca cake than my other (super scroumptious) recipe! Similarly to a lot of my recipes, this is something I grew up with. Nostalgia makes everything taste at least three times better, am I right? Also, brownies topped with a nutty caramel, I’d say there’s nothing to complain about.
Enough talking, enjoy!
Scroumptious Tosca brownies
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free]
Serving six brownies Time 30 minutes
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp nut or seed butter of choice, any will do
- 2-3 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice, preferably darker syrups, maple, coconut etc.
- 3 tbsp nut butter of choice
- A hearty pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- 5 tbsp buckwheat, shivered almonds, shredded coconut or such.
- First, prepare your brownies! Preheat the oven to 175°C / around 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Prepare a baking tin, muffin form or donut mold of choice. Transfer the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes depending on the tin you’re using. Let cool while you make the glaze.
- Now, mix all the glaze ingredients, except for the buckwheat, almond or what ever you’re using, in a bowl until combined. Add the buckwheat or what not and divide the caramel between the brownies. Make sure everything’s coated and bake for another five minutes or so. Let cool and enjoy!
*You can obviously use what ever recipe you prefer or feel like. This is my favourite, easiest, healthy brownie recipe. I also really recommend my hemp protein brownies, my favourite blackbean brownies or my scoumptious fudgey peanut flour brownies!