Sometimes my parents or brothers can declare one of my recipes to be the greatest one yet. Sometimes, I think they’re right, sometimes I don’t. This time, once I had a piece of this lovely cake, I was the once to exclaim how good it was.
Anyway, this is a mixture of two classic vegan mousse; tofu and aquafaba (chickpea liquid). I think it is an ultimate combination of the two as the tofu gives it firm and silkiness while the whipped aquafaba gives an extra fluffiness boost.
Of course you actually don’t have to make the whole cake. You could just make the mousse and then serve it in small glasses or such. Trust me, it’s just as good.
Anyway, I hope you love this as much as I do! Greatest one yet!
The perfect vegan Mousse cake
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Serving 10 large slices Active time 20 minutes
Resting time in fridge: 1 hour
- 15 / 150g pitted dates
- A hearty pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla essence/extract
- 5 tbsp / 50g peanuts or any nut or seed of choice
- Optionally 2,5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup puffed cereal and/or buckwheat of choice
- 1 package à 380g silken tofu
- 200g chocolate of choice (I recommend using 60%)
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- One can à 150ml aquafaba/chickpea cooking juice
- Optionally 2-4 tbsp of sweetener of choice
- In a food processor or using a strong blender blitz the dates semi smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients for the bottom and process. It’s done when the mixture sticks together when you press it. Press into the bottom of a spring-form pan and put in the refrigerator.
- Start with melting the chocolate in the microwave or over a water bath. In a food processor or blender blend the tofu, salt and vanilla until smooth. Preferably while still running, pour the melted chocolate into the food processor.
- Whip the aquafaba as hard as possible. Transfer the chocolate mixture and aquafaba to another bowl and start folding in the whipped aquafaba.
- Transfer to the spring-form, smooth out and let rest in the fridge for an hour. Enjoy!