Granola; the world’s greatest topping. Am I right? (Not to forget nut butter though)
This version is my extra luxiourious and almost decadent version. Perfectly nutty, crispy and sweet with an amazing touch of cinnamon and coconut sugar. I think I don’t need to say more. Granola; simply amazing!
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free]
Serving Prep time 15 minutes
Baking time 20-25 minutes Total time 35-40
- 5 dl / 2 cups rolled oats
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup buckwheat, puffed cereal, extra nuts or seeds
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup nut or seeds of choice
- 1,25 dl / 120g / 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1,25 dl / 80g / 1/2 coconut sugar
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup water
- A pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optionally 1-2,5dl / 1/2-1 cup of dried fruit of choice
- Preheat your oven to 150ºC / 300ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, buckwheat, cereal, and nuts.
- In a sauce pan whisk the nut butter, coconut sugar, water, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined. Heat up over low-medium heat on the stove until it starts to bubble slightly and thicken. Be careful as it gets really hot!
- Add the “caramel” to the dry oat mixture and mix with a large wooden spoon or using your hands making sure everything gets coated. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and golden. Let cool and enjoy!