Yes, I did come up with the idea and created the recipe after the Swedish national “fat Tuesday”, which is supposed to be the only day you eat “semlor” (a kind of Swedish cardamom wheat bun filled cream and almond paste) Hehehe…
Anyway, this is the result of some experimentation of mine. I am so happy with the simplicity of the result, yet, it has complex flavours and different texture in contrast to each other. Not to forget, so quick and easy to make, easily adjustable as well.
Coconut cream & Almond Semla dessert parfait
Serving 2 small dessert Time 15 minutes
- 4 dates
- 2-3 tbsp almond flour
- 6 tbsp room temprature coconut cream
- Optional 1-2 tsp sweetener of choice
- Optionally A splash of vanilla essence
- Around 4-6 tbsp granola or musli of choice, preferably flavoured with cardamom
- In a food processor, mixer or using your hands or handmixer mix or mash the dates while adding a tbsp of almond flour at a time. It should become paste like. If it gets too dry add some plant milk or water and if too dry add more almond flour.
- Using an electric wisp whip the coconut cream together with optional sweetener and vanilla.
- Divide the granola between two dessert bowls, if it’s not already cardamom flavoured just sprinkle some on top. Scoop and divide the almond paste as well and top with the coconut cream – I used a piping bag for both – and optionally top with icing sugar or more granola.