OH MY LOOORD! These creations are simple, yet, so fricking amaze balls delicious! They consist of three ingredients, dates, nuts butter, and popcorn (also salt). They’re sweet, “caramelly”, salty, and crunchy. To be honest, I “don’t even” right now. I don’t always get super excited over my recipe, but this one, oh my gosh. I’m slightly over excited so I’ll just shut up now and stop trying to sell it to you. I think the recipe and pictures speak for themselves. Not to forget, I obviously am very biased, haha.
A little something I made for my basketball team. The base was the salted caramel popcorn topped with a “frosting” consisting of nut butter, dates, cocoa, coffee, honey, soy milk. They certainly did not disapprove this beauty.
Three ingredient salted caramel popcorn bites
[Healthy, No bake, Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, grain-, oil-free, fruit sweetened, paleo]
Serving 8 bites Time 15 minutes
- 50g / 5 pitted dates
- 1/2-1 tbsp of nut butter of choice (can be skipped)
- A large pinch of salt
- Optionally a splash of vanilla essence
- Roughly around 20g / 5 dl / 2 cups popped popcorn
- In a food processor mix the dates, nut butter, salt and vanilla until it forms a big lump of “dough”.
- Transfer the caramel to a bowl and, using your hands, work in the popcorn. SHape into balls or cover with plastic foil and shape into bars that you later cut into pieces. I prefer to keep in the freezer because it not necessary. Enjoy!