OH MY LOOORD! So simple yet so fricking amaze balls delicious! Three ingredients, dates, nuts butter and popcorn (and salt). Sweet and “caramelly” but salty and crunchy. I don’t even right now to be honest. I don’t always get super excited over any recipe but, gosh, this one, damn. I’ll just shut up now and stop trying to sell you this, haha. I am obviously very biased.
A little something I made for my basketball team. The base was the salted caramel popcorn topped with a “frosting” consisting of nut butter, dates, cocoa, coffee, honey, soy milk. They certainly did not disapprove this beauty.
Three ingredient salted caramel popcorn bites
[Healthy, No bake, Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, grain-, oil-free, fruit sweetened, paleo]
Serving 8 bites Time 15 minutes
- 50g / 5 pitted dates
- 1/2-1 tbsp of nut butter of choice (can be skipped)
- A large pinch of salt
- Optionally a splash of vanilla essence
- Roughly around 20g / 5 dl / 2 cups popped popcorn
- In a food processor mix the dates, nut butter, salt and vanilla until it forms a big lump of “dough”.
- Transfer the caramel to a bowl and, using your hands, work in the popcorn. SHape into balls or cover with plastic foil and shape into bars that you later cut into pieces. I prefer to keep in the freezer because it not necessary. Enjoy!