So I have been strongly influenced by a special someone in my life, haha. He adores ginger (and lingon berries) so of course I was inspired to do ginger everything. After I had tried some ginger marmelade my boyfriend had made – he is very into cooking as well – I just had to make some myself. Especially when my mum is addicted to anything containing ginger. Her ginger shots are so strong so they actually make me feel slightly sick, hehe.
Guess what ginger is more than supposedly very healthy? An extremely delicous ingredient to pair with anything from chocolate to coconut. Add some ginger to that a voilà, a beautiful, fresh, quick and easy treat.
Ginger & Lemon Coconut Cream Tarts
[Vegan, whole food, gluten-, dairy-, sugar-, oil-free, fruit sweetened, paleo]
Serving four tarts Time 20 minutes
- 6 / 60g / 2 oz pitted dates
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 4-6 tbsp rolled oats, or flakes or nut flour of choice
- 3 tbsp buckwheat or puffed cereal, nuts, seeds or more oats
- A pinch of salt
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup coconut cream (none of the coconut water liquid)
- 2 tbsp ginger preserves or 1-2 tsp grated ginger
- The zest of half a lemon
- Optionally 1 tsp sweetener of choice
- In a food processor, mixer or handsmixer mix the dates semi-smooth and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Divide the crumble between four muffin cases, press down and even out.
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients for the filling. Simply just divide between the four tarts. Even out, optionally top with buckwheat, nuts, more ginger perserves or such. Let set in the freezer for a around 2 hours before serving.