What would Christmas be without gingerbread? I don’t know about you but that simply does not exist in my world. Prepare for a bunch of Christmas recipes, they certainly are coming your way!
Fudge is, at least in Sweden, a must during the Christmas season. We have many different kinds of fudge, toffee and caramel. But I have found this to be my favourite! You can of course fiddle with the flavours and change them to your likings. I have two other recipes with the same base so if you have no fantasy these are two great options:
Hope you all are having a great holiday season, sending lots of love!
Easy 3 ingredient Gingerbread Fudge
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free, fruit sweetened, paleo]
Serving 12 pieces Prep time: 15 minutes
Freezer time: 20 minutes Total time: 35+ minutes
- 2 dl / a bit less than a cup / 100g nuts of choice (I used half walnuts, half cashew)
- 12 / 100g / 3,5 oz dates
- 0,5-1 tbsp cinnamon*
- 0,5-1 tbsp ground ginger*
- 0,5-1 tbsp ground cloves*
- Optionally 1 tsp of cardamom*
- Optional toppings like gingerbread. nuts, dried fruit or such
- Mix the nuts until smooth as nut butter in a food processor or powerful mixer. Add the dates, spices and salt. Mix until it forms a ball of “dough”.
- Transfer to a big piece of parchment paper and shape it into a square, as thin or thick as you like. Optionally top with toppings of choice. Let set/stiffen up in the freezer for around 20+ minutes, cut into 12 even pieces and enjoy! In my opinion it’s absolutely best straight out the freezer as it melts in your mouth… Scrumptious!
*The proportions of the spices are totally up to you. I know that in the UK gingerbread have more ground ginger and less ground cloves in theirs than in Sweden, so adjust to your liking!