Nostalgia; the best spice in the world. As you guys can probably tell, many of my recipes are nostalgia related and versions of childhood favourites. This recipe is not an exception, haha. Kexchoklad, a classic Swedish chocolate covered wafer treat. I have such lovely and strong memories from when my family and I used to go skiing in Sälen, in Sweden. We were always given a “kexchoklad” during our afternoon break, which was incredibly delicious after being out in the cold for so long. Hence, my determination to make an even better version, to bring back all of those memories!
4 ingredient homemade Kexchoklad
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free, fruit sweetened, whole grain]
Serving Time 15-20 minutes
- 100g / 3,5 oz chocolate of choice OR homemade raw chocolate
- 3 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 12 wafers
- A small pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- If you’re using already made chocolate carefully melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a water bath.
- In a small bowl mix together the nut butter, vanilla, salt and 15g / 1/2 oz of the chocolate so if forms a thick nougat paste.
- Take three wafers and spread some nougat paste on two of them.
- Ensemble and dib in chocolate. Place on a cookie tray or plate lined with parchment paper or plastic foil. Do the same with all the wafers and let harden in the fridge/freezer. Enjoy!