Ever since we were children, we have been taught to never believe things that sound too good to be true. Most of the time, that is very true, but when it comes to this recipe, it’s pure stupidity. This recipe certainly is as good as it sounds!
Trust me, the pictures are not fooling you. The brownies are just as fudgey, sweet, decadent, and delicious as you think. This recipe is a collaboration with, one and only, Emma, from FruitAndRoutes. We decided to use her cookie dough recipe and my favourite and best brownie recipe. On top of being so simple to make, the brownies are filled to the rim with good stuff!
PS. This collaboration has been the best of times, and Emma truly is an amazingly sweet and awesome person. You REALLY should check out her blog and Instagram!
The most heavenly and fudgey Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Brownies
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, grain-, oil-free, fruit sweetened, paleo]
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 15-25 minutes
Servings: 9 medium brownies
- 20 pitted dates
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp nut or seed butter of choice, any will do
- 5 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1,5 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
For the cookie dough
- 1 dl / 40g oat flour (can be subbed for almond or coconut flour for paleo)
- 5 / 50g pitted dates
- 1 tsp of lucuma (optional)
- 1 tsp peanut flour (can be substituted with more oat flour)
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 2-3 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- Eventually a dash of milk of choice for consistency
- 3 tbsp (or more) roughly chopped chocolate, chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / around 350°F.
- Simply mix all ingredients, except for the chocolate/cacao nibs, in a food processor until it forms a dough. Mix in the chocolate, roll into 16 small balls and let slighly set in the fridge in the meantime you make the brownies.
- For the brownie simply mix all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Prepare a medium baking tin, grease or line with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture into the tin and optionally top with some chopped chocolate of choice. Now just press down the cookie dough balls into the brownie batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes depending on the tin you’re using. Let cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!