Comforting, Vegan, Whole food, Healthy, Gluten-free, oil-free, fruit sweetened Apple Pie Cinnamon Crumble Bar
Serving 6 large square pieces Prep time 20 minutes Cooking time 20 minutes Total time 40 minutes
- 4 dl / 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 4 tbsps / 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 2 medium, ripe bananas
- 2 small / 150g apples
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Optionally 1/2 dl / 3 tbsp raisins
- Optionally some honey, agave, coconut syrup, or syrup of choice for drizzling.
- Preheat your oven to 175ºC / 350ºF and prepare a baking tin as well. Grease it or line it with parchment paper. (Mine was 15×15 cm / 6×6 inches)
- Mix the dates, nut butter, water, some vanilla and a small pinch of salt, smooth in a blender or food processor. In a large bowl mix the oats together with the date paste until fully coated.
- Now use around 2/3 of the crumble to make a crumble bottom layer. Bake for around 10 minutes.
- While the bottom is cooking, rinse your mixer/food processor and mix the bananas completely smooth.
- Cube the apple and mix with the cinnamon and raisins.
- Take out the crumble bottom out the oven and pour and evenly spread the banana cream out. Top it all of with the cinnamon apple cubes and the left over crumble. (Optionally top with a drizzle of sweetener of choice) Bake for another 15-20 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes and voila, enjoy!