Flapjacks! A delicious, sweet treat that anyone enjoys! The only bad side of it is that the caramel is basically weird sugars and palm oil or such! I don’t know about you but I’m not a big fan of those silly things! (even though oil nor sugar is the devil) Therefore I came up with this recipe! When one of my brothers tried one of these bad boys for the first time he couldn’t hide how much he enjoyed them! He immediately asked to make more! It became a stable in our household, haha. As always I try to keep these things short, so do I need to say anything more? I don’t think so.
Enjoy my darling!
No bake, whole food, fruit sweetened, oil free PB & chocolate & berry flapjacks
Serving 6 medium flapjacks/granola bars Time 20 minutes
- 16 / 2,5 dl / 1 cup of pitted dates
- 3 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 4 tbsps water
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup rolled oats
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup puffs of choice (I used puffed spelt)
- 0,5 dl / 1/4 cup steel-cut oats (optional)
- 40g chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- 0,5-1 dl / 1/4-1/2 cup dried fruit of choice
- Simply mix smooth the dates, nut butter, water, vanilla and salt. Add the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl along with the date paste. Mix until everything’s evenly coated with the date paste.
- Line a baking form with plastic foil or parchment paper. Evenly spread and push down the mixture and pop in the freezer until rather set or until you can’t wait any longer. Cut and simply enjoy! Eventually drizzle some chocolate of choice!