Am I in heaven? Perhaps, or I might just be eating some of these bad boys. Just look how pretty they are! They’re super simple and like the best thing ever to use up all of the absurd amounts of fruit and berries your garden sometimes around this time of the year produces!
This recipe works as well for any kind fruit you fancy, you only need to adjust the amount of honey to the sweetness of the fruit! Can it get any better? I don’t think so!
Three ingredient, Healthy, Vegan, Refined sugar free, Red Currant rolls
Serving 12 rolls Prep time: 20 minutes
Drying time: 5-8 hours Total time: 5h 20 minutes – 8h 20 minutes
- 500g red currants
- 3-5 tbsp honey (depending on the ripeness of the fruit)
- 3-4 tbsps chia seeds (can be skipped
- Preheat the oven to 50ºC.
- Simply just mix the berries and honey in a pot on low-medium heat. The honey just needs to dissolve.
- Mix the berry mixture smooth and add the chia seeds. Let it thicken for a couple of minutes before evenly spreading it out on a prepared baking pan. Let dry over night, 5-8 hours. Make sure to leave the oven a little bit open so the water evaporation can escape.
- Cut up into long strips, roll and enjoy!