My favourite smoothie is a cacao & mocca & raspberry combination. The flavours marry eachother like a dream. Chocolate and coffee with a fresh tartness from the berries is a match made in heaven. Therefore the creation of this goodness! If you just want a normal amazing black bean brownie just skip the currants and coffe and voilà! Delicious!
Chocolate + mocca+ tart fruit = heaven!!
Divine Mocca black bean brownies with red curants
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, grain-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 15-20 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 20 brownies
- 12 pitted dates / 80-90g (preferably rather dry )
- 4 tbsp of honey or liquid sweetener of your choice
- 1 tbsp instant coffe granulates
- 1 container of black beans (à 240g)
- 4 free range organic eggs
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 dl / 2/5 cups / 7 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2,5 dl / 1/2-1 cup red currants or sour berry/fruit of choice (lingon berries or cranberries work just as good!)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / around 350°F.
- Mix the dates and honey in a food processor until smooth. Add a tsp. of water or more if needed to blend properly.
- Drain and rinse the beans properly. Add them to the food processor and mix until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and coffe and mix so until combined.
- Now add in the rest of the ingredients; the coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla powder and baking powder. Mix until everything is combined.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper or grease it. Pour the mixture into the tin and flat it out. Put it in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the tin you’re using.
My baking tin is 28×16 cm / 11×6,3 inches. You can of course use tins that are different sizes but you might need to adjust the baking time.