So you all know that regular BQQ sauce contains lots of sugar and weird additives. Which make us all feel like “Whyyyyyyyy?!”
Luckily I have gotten rid of all those silly ingredients in this recipe! This is the best substitute I have ever come across. You can even stir fry things in it (of course you have to be careful as all sugar easily burns.) I do believe you also can marinate with it and grill it, but I haven’t tried that yet so I don’t know for sure.
Now it’s time for me to shut up and let you read the recipe and fall in love with it as much as I have.
Simple healthy homemade BBQ sauce
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, grain-, oil-free, fruit sweetened, paleo]
Serving around 400g Time: 30 minutes soaking + 10 minutes mixing
- 3/4 dl / 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 8-10 pitted dates
- 2,5-3 dl / 1-1,25 cups water
- 1 tbsp white or apple cider vinegear
- 1 tsp dried chili
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- Soak the sundried tomatoes and dates in warm water for 30 minutes to an hour minimum.
- Blend all the ingredients smooth in a mixer or using a handmixer. Eventually adjust the spices or/and add more water.