Home made granola is the best start to your morning, especially when it’s fruit sweetened, oil-free, filled with whole grains and fiber and also extremely delicious. I’ll leave at that. 😉
Seriously chrunchy Chunky monkey, Date sweetened, Oil-free Granola
Servings: 8 hearty servings Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes Total time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 banana (great way to use over ripe bananas)
- 5 / 60g / 2 ounces pitted dates
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (optional but highly recommended!)
- 2 tbsp sweetner of choice (optional)
- A small pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence or extract
- 3,5 dl / 1,5 cups rolled oats
- 1,5 dl / 2/3 cups puffs of choice
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup steel cut oats (can be subbed for more nuts)
- 50g / 1,75 ounces / 1 dl of chopped chocolate or nuts or seeds of your choice
- 50g / 1,75 ounces / 1 dl walnuts
- 1/2 / 25g / 1 ounce cacao nibs (optional)
- 30g / 1 ounce dried banana
- Preheat your oven to 150ºC / 300ºF
- In a blender mix the banana, dates, peanut butter, cocoa, water, optional sweetner, salt and vanilla smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the oats, puff cereal, steel-cut oats and nuts. Mix in the chocolate date mixture and make sure everything gets covered.
- Spread out on one to two baking trays and roast for 20-25 minutes or until crispy. Stiring every 5-10 minutes. Let cool, stir in the dried banana and chocolate, enjoy!