These are so good you can’t even beleive how they can be all of those things listed above! Chocolate and coffee is already a winning combonation and when you add chocolate chips, nuts and some extra crunch it becomes epic!
Healthy, vegan, paleo, gluten-free, oil-free, refined sugar free Double Chocolate Mocha Biscotti
Serving Preptime: 15 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes Total time: 1 hour
- 5,5 dl / 2 1/3 cup flour of choice*
- 4-6 tbsp cocoa (depending on how chocolately you like it)
- 2 tbsp arrow-root
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp honey or other liquid sweetener of choice
- 4-6 tbsp super strong espresso
- 1/2 vanilla essence or extract
- 1 dl / 1/2 cup chopped nuts of choice
- 1 dl / 1/2 cup 50g roughly chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- In a food processor, mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add in the honey, coffee and vanilla until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove dough from food processor and work in chocolate chips and nuts with your hands.
- Form dough into 2 logs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, gently pat down and shape the logs.
- Bake at 175ºC / 325°F for 15 minutes in the bottom of the oven, then remove from oven and cool for around 15 minute.
- Cut the logs into 2 cm / 3/4 inch slices on the diagonal with a very sharp knife
- Spread slices out on a baking sheet and bake at 150C / 300°F for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, set, and become crispy
*I used almond flour but other flours work too, if you use a flour containing gluten than you can skip the arrowroot! Remember to use a flour that suites flavour wise and this purpose.