I have not always been a big fan of rubarb but this is one of the things that made me change my mind! Rubarb is after Swedish strawberries one of Sweden’s most loved “fruit”, and this recipe totally does it justice! It’s also totally in season as well. 😉
Vegan, healthy, fruit sweetened, oil-free, whole grain, what more can one want?! If you try this out make sure to use the tag #Veggienator and leave a comment bellow!
Scrumptious Rubarb Muffins
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Serving 12 medium muffins Prep time 15 minutes
Baking time 20-30 minutes Total time 35-45 minutes
- 2 dl / 12 pitted dates
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence or exctract
- 3,75 dl / 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 2 tbsp nutbutter of choice (optional)
- 1 tbsp applecider vinegear
- 5 dl / 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinh of salt
- 1 large stalk rubarb
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC / 400ºF and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin forms.
- Mix the dates, vanilla, milk, nut butter and vinegear smooth in a food processor, mixer or using a handmixer.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Prepare the rubarb and cut into 1 cm / 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until combined, add the rubarb and mix well.
- Divide the batter equaly between all twelve muffins forms. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden and a tooth pick runs clean. Enjoy!!