So my mum’s favourite candy is marzipan and specifically chocolate covered marzipan eggs. I myself was a big fan and just had to recreate it! And here’s the results, like oh my god. They taste just like the regular ones! Absolutely perfect for easter aswell!!
This is a part of an Easter collaboration I am doing with the one and only lovely GreenGirlEats! Check her out for her three amazing recipes!
Hope you enjoy them as much as I have (specifically my mother ;))
Healthy Marzipan easter egg
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, grain-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Serving: 12 medium-sized eggs Time: 15 minutes + 10 minutes if dipping in chocolate
- 8 pitted dates (I removed the skin of mine just for the looks)
- 1-2 tbsp of water
- 4 dl / 1 2/3 cup of almond flour
- Optionally chocolate for dipping
- Optionally different food or spices coloring like turmeric for yellow
- With a fork mash the dates together with the water until smooth. You can also do this in a mixer or such but mine were gooey enough to just mash with a fork.
- Add the almond flour and knead/mix with your hands until you get a firm marzipan like almond paste. If it’s too loose you can add some more almond flour, one tbsp at the time until you reach your wanted texture.
- Divide into 12 equal pieces and roll into an egg shape. Optionally mix/knead in coloring or dip in chocolate. If you dip them in chocolate let them harden in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy! Happy Easter everyone!!