So my mum’s favourite candy is marzipan and specifically chocolate covered marzipan eggs. I myself was a big fan and just had to recreate it! And here’s the results, like oh my god. They taste just like the regular ones! Absolutely perfect for easter aswell!!
Hope you enjoy them as much as I have (specifically my mother 😉 )
Healthy Marzipan easter egg
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, grain-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Serving: 12 medium-sized eggs Time: 15 minutes + 10 minutes if dipping in chocolate
- 12 pitted dates (I removed the skin of mine just for the looks)
- 1-2 tbsp of water
- 5 dl / 2 cups of almond flour
- Optionally chocolate for dipping
- Optionally different food or spices coloring like turmeric for yellow
- With a fork mash the dates together with the water until smooth. You can also do this in a mixer or such but mine were gooey enough to just mash with a fork.
- Add the almond flour and knead/mix with your hands until you get a firm marzipan like almond paste. If it’s too loose you can add some more almond flour, one tbsp at the time until you reach your wanted texture.
- Divide into 12 equal pieces and roll into an egg shape. Optionally mix/knead in coloring or dip in chocolate. If you dip them in chocolate let them harden in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy! Happy Easter everyone!!