You know me. I like my chocolate very much. What do I like just as much? Banana bread and what could make it even better? Coconut!
Well, I actually am the kind of person who buys too many bananas purely so I can make banana bread with them once they ripen, hehe. Anyone else? No? Okey… Hahahaha.
Hope you enjoy this idulgent deliciousness just as much as I did!
Heavenly Chocolate coconut banana bread
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Servings: one medium loaf Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50-60 minutes Total time: 1h 5 minutes- 1h 15 minutes
- 3,5 dl / 1 1/2 cups of whole grain flour of choice*
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cups of coconut flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 3 large spotty and preferably over ripe bananas, mashed
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- 100g / 3,5 ounces chopped chocolate of choice
- 1/2 dl / 1/4 cup Coconut flakes for topping
- 1-2 handfuls of raisins or chopped up dried fruit of choice
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC / 350ºF and grease or line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the banana with the milk and vanilla smooth in a food processor or mixer or by using a hand mixer.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine. Mix in the chopped chocolate, coconut flakes and dried fruit.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, optionally top with more chocolate and coconut. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick runs clean. Simply enjoy by itself or with spread of choice.
*I used homemade oat flour which made the bread extra moist. Be aware that all flours react differently when baked but if you try something else I’d love to hear how it went!