I am one of those kind of weird people who does not like bananas when they have started to become too spotty and ripe! Too sweet for me! But this is one of my staple recipes to use when my bananas start getting to ripe for my taste!
I promise you guys, these are the bomb together with some nice cream for breakfast! Who can say no to desert for breakfast?!
Whole food, oil-free, fruit sweetened, vegan, all the good stuff! Omnomnomnom…
Breakfast chocolate chip banana oat cookies
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Servings: 6 large cookies Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Baking time: 15-20 minutes Total time: 20-30 minutes
- 2 bananas (great way to use over ripe bananas)
- 4 dl / 1,75 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or nut butter of choice (can be skipped but highly recommended)
- 2 tbsp of flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A small pinch of salt
- 50g / 1,75 ounces of chopped chocolate of your choice or nuts or/and dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F.
- Mash the banana well and then mix in the rest of the ingredients. Eventually add some more oats if needed!
- Divide the “dough” to 6 cookies and then bake for until golden and delicious, so around 15-20 minutes!