Granola, one of the most universally loved breakfast foods. Sadly, most store-bought granolas are filled with sugars of all processed kinds and refined oils. This version though contains none of those silly things. Just whole real ingredients that make this recipe not only perfectly crunchy but also date sweetened, oil-free and whole grain.
This recipe is easily customizable to your liking so you won’t miss out on your favourite combinations. My favourite is a combination of almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut and raisins.
I am actually very proud over how good this turned out! I hope you try it out and love it as much as I do.
Super easy crispy healthy granola
[Vegan, whole food, refined sugar-, gluten-, oil-free, fruit sweetened]
Servings: 300g Prep time: 10-20 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes Total time: 30-40 minutes
- 16 / 200g pitted dates
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup water
- Optionally a small pinch of salt and a splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 7,5 dl / 3 cups rolled oats, buckwheat or puffed cereal of choice
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup steel-cut oats (can be skipped)
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup mixed nut and seeds of choice
- 1,25 dl / 1/2 cup of dried fruit of choice
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC / 300ºF.
- Mix the date paste smooth, together with the cinnamon, salt, vanilla extract in a blender or food processor.
- Chop the nuts and dried fruit if wanted. Mix the oats, buckwheat, puffed cereal, steel-cut oats and nuts in a large bowl . Add the date paste and mix until everything’s coated.
- Spread the granola evenly out on two baking trays. Bake for 20-25 minutes and stir half way through.
- Let it cool and add the dried fruit. Enjoy!