A couple of days ago we hade some yoghurt that was getting old so I decided to not waste it and instead use it, and guess what? I made this delicious fiberlicious, juicy bread. It’s so easy to make, just mix everything and then whack it in the oven!
I don’t like to waste anything, I really like to use things that is getting old and make it into something new and delicious!
This bread is sweetened with jam instead of regular sugar or syrup so it gives it an amazing fruity sweetness. (you can substitute the jam with fruit compote if wanted, you decide how much sugar you want in the bread when choosing sweetener)
Super easy, juicy whole grain jam bread
Servings: 1 loaf of bread Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 70 minutes Total time: 85 minutes / 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1/2 dl / 1/5 cup flax seeds
- 5 dl / 2 cups+3 tbsp flour of choice, for example “regular” wheat,
whole-wheat, oat flour etc.
- 2 dl / 4/5 cups whole grain rye flour
- 1/2 dl / 1/5 cup steel-cut oats (in swedish it’s called havrekross)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 dl / 2 cups+3 tbsp of yoghurt of your choice*
- 100g-150g fruit jam, marmalade or compote of your choice
- Optional: some pumpkin, flax or sunflower seeds for topping
* I recommend using yoghurt that is a bit thicker and a bit more sour than regular yoghurt.
For sweet yet refined sugar-free fruit compote or jam use dates or banana or something like coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup in it to make it sweeter.
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF and grease a bread tin (around 1,5 litres)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the yoghurt and jam and mix until everything’s combined.
- Pour the mixture into the bread tin and put it in the lower half of the oven.
- Let the bread bake for 70 minutes and then take out and let cool. Enjoy!